Top gaming YouTubers are excellent candidates for the role of the advocates of your brand. To include them in your influencer marketing strategy, first, you need to check them out. Which gaming YouTubers are popular in 2021, and how do they perform? Which service can show this information and statistics? Find out in the article from BuzzGuru, the platform which is the best for finding and analyzing influencers on YouTube.
Table of content:
- What gaming influencers can bring into your ad campaigns?
- Types of gaming channels
- Who are the top 10 most-subscribed gaming YouTubers?
- The Game Theorists
- How to find gaming influencers if you have a small budget?
- Small but popular gaming channels to check out
- Let’s Game it Out
- Kelsey Impicciche
If you use influencer marketing as a way to promote your brand, pay attention to the gaming section of YouTube. Gaming YouTubers will become great promoters of products like video games, apps, and subscriptions to streaming services, computer equipment like headphones, keyboards, or specialized computer chairs. Also, the choice of this niche is suitable for advertising thematic events like comic books and game festivals, and a variety of geek-themed products and services.
- Let’s play channel. The creator of such a channel goes through the games, recording the computer screen and filming their reactions on camera, and then combining them. The let’s player places a video of themselves in the corner, and the rest of the screen is devoted to the game. Sometimes influencers choose not to show their faces and leave only a voice recording.
- Walkthroughs channel. Gaming YouTubers of this kind of channel assess the game carefully while advising on how to pass each stage. They collect all the achievements, find Easter eggs and caches left by the developers, and go to all possible endings if this is intended in the game.
- Reviews channel. There are fewer of such channels than the previous two types. They are usually conducted by game journalists or enthusiastic researchers who review games. Among the videos are reviews and fan theories on plots, criticism of various aspects, selections of the best-released games, etc.
- The current number of followers is 29 400 000
- The number of average views is 2 143 178
- The average number of likes is 135 288
Markiplier’s real name is Mark Edward Fischbach. He makes gaming videos, comedy sketches, and animated parodies. Mark is best known for playing horror games and for raising money for charity on his streams. He has one of the most subscribed game-themed channels on YouTube.
- The current number of followers is 27 200 000
- The number of average views is 2 425 339
- The average number of likes is 74 425
Jacksepticeye is a video blogger, producer, game commentator, and creator of the eponymous YouTube channel. He passes and shoots his reactions to popular games, including horror. The channel got this name thanks to the self-irony of the YouTuber. At school, a soccer ball hit him in the head and damaged his temple, which caused an eye infection. Students began to call him Septiceye, which at first upset him, then became his distinctive feature.
- The current number of followers is 25 500 000
- The number of average views is 1 291 368
- The average number of likes is 44 383
VanossGaming is a gaming YouTube channel led by Evan Fong, video game commentator, music producer, and DJ. The content is a compilation of funny moments of how Evan and his friends play video games, mostly failing and making fun.
- The current number of followers is 25 300 000
- The number of average views is 1 898 985
- The average number of likes is 50 028
Daniel Middleton makes content on the passage of various games, such as Minecraft, Happy Wheels, Hello Neighbour, and others. He is widely known for his comments on video games. However, he is best known as a Minecraft player. The main part of its content is hardcore videos on the passage of this game.
- The current number of followers is 17 300 000
- The number of average views is 554 141
- The average number of likes is 27 346
PopularMMOs is a channel that is led by a couple of top gaming YouTubers, Pat and Jen. All their content is dedicated to the Minecraft game. Pat and Jen also produce graphic novels with themselves in the leading roles. In these novels they impersonate cartoon characters fighting zombies, looking for adventures in mines, and exploring other worlds.
- The current number of followers is 14 300 000
- The number of average views is 2 456 466
- The average number of likes is 102 000
The Game Theorists is one of the top gaming YouTubers. However, unlike many of his colleagues, he does not release let’s plays but analyses games and various theories. The YouTuber calls himself MatPat and considers the content of his channel as the smartest show in gaming. And more than 14 million of his subscribers agree with that.
- The current number of followers is 13 300 000
- The number of average views is 316 625
- The average number of likes is 15 707
H20Delirious publishes let’s plays for both cooperative and single-player story games. He maintains anonymity and does not show his face. However, he remains one of the most popular gaming YouTubers. On the covers of his videos, he puts his cartoon character in a mask of Jason Voorhees.
- The current number of followers is 11 200 000
- The number of average views is 170 475
- The average number of likes is 8 130
CaptainSparklez is a YouTuber who mainly publishes Minecraft let’s plays. His real name is Jordan Maron, and he is one of the top gaming YouTubers by number of subscribers. Also fond of electronic music and sports, Jordan has his brand of sportswear called Quality Content Athletics.
- The current number of followers is 7 870 000
- The number of average views is 573 933
- The average number of likes is 24 111
Wildcat is a YouTuber who plays various popular computer games. His real name is Tyler, and he is known for rude humour and creative swearing in let’s plays. Wildcat has an alter ego, a cartoon piggy in a helmet, styled after GTA V.
- The current number of followers is 5 330 000
- The number of average views is 261 648
- The average number of likes is 10 112
GameGrumps is Erin Hanson’s and Dan Avidan’s channel, where they play various games, record reactions on videos, and make funny compilations. They differ from other gaming YouTubers as they play all the games together. There are only a few videos where only one of them reacts to the game.
To get a positive effect from influencer marketing, it is unnecessary to contact only the top YouTubers and spend large budgets on advertising. There are many channels with a small audience but a very high engagement rate. Creators have close interactions with subscribers on such channels, so advertising through them can give your business lots of successful sales.
You will find such game influencers for cooperation via the BuzzGuru platform. We have statistics on the channels of each opinion leader, which indicates, among other things, the approximate budget you need to advertise via these channels. Use our smart filters to find a perfect opinion leader to promote your brand now!
Smart filters for finding influencers on the BuzzGuru platform
- The current number of followers is 3 280 000
- The number of average views is 8 080 363
- The average number of likes is 174 464
Let’s Game it Out is a let's play channel by anonymous gaming YouTuber Josh. He releases sarcastic videos about games such as Planet Zoo, Satisfactory, and Startup Company. Josh tests their capabilities until they crash and makes jokes about gameplay.
- The current number of followers is 2 710 000
- The number of average views is 432 725
- The average number of likes is 24 996
CallMeKevin posts sarcastic let’s plays and funny reactions to videos. He reviews all popular games, both new and released many years ago. One of the most popular series on his channel is the adventures of a Sims 4 character named Jim Pickens, who constantly gets into quirky situations.
- The current number of followers is 646 000
- The number of average views is 161 180
- The average number of likes is 7 569
Kelsey Impicciche is a gaming YouTuber best known for passing various challenges in the Sims 4 game. She also films her reactions to other popular games, makes vlogs, and entertaining, conversational videos. She became famous after she spent several years passing the 100 baby challenge in the Sims 4 on the BuzzFeed channel.
Top gaming YouTubers can be a great fit to your influencer marketing strategy when applied correctly. In fact, you don't need a channel to have a huge audience in order to promote your gaming products effectively. It's much more important to analyze the up-to-date performance indicators of influencers' channels so you can find the right ones that fit your marketing budget.